Robotics course outline
This course applies students’ creativity to the field of robotics to help them learn about robot engineering, simple machines, torque, power, and problem solving. Robots are everywhere – in manufacturing plants, helping bomb squads disable explosives, in underwater explorations, and even surveying the Mars landscape. And there is no better way to build excitement for engineering than to have students build and operate their own robot. Using the flexible TETRIX Building System and other available materials, Remote Controlled Robotics Engineering provides an exciting exploration into robotic design, construction, and operation. This course is designed to introduce students to the engineering concept of robotics in a fun and creative way. They learn the basics of building a robot and then stretch their imaginations to design robots to complete various tasks.
CLASS ROOM WEBSITE:
MATERIALS: Needed in class daily:
1. Folder or Binder (with loose leaf)
Safety Goggles will be provided by the school for students to use in their Technology classroom.
For safety purposes, open toed footwear is prohibited
1. Students are to be on time*, in their seats and ready to begin work at the start of class.
*All school regulations regarding lateness and absence will be strictly enforced.
2. Give your best effort in class daily
3. Students are expected to help maintain a respectful and professional environment. Inappropriate language, profanity, attire, or comments to other students in class will not be tolerated.
1. Projects/Lab Activities (50%)
2. Tests (25%)
3. Participation (15%)
4. Quizzes (10%)